Standard Process Supplements
Since 1929, Standard Process has been dedicated to the field of nutritional supplements and the whole food philosophy introduced by Dr. Royal Lee. Time-tested formulas made from whole food ingredients, provide safe, effective, high-quality nutritional support. Focusing on whole body wellness, Dr Manchester incorporates nutritional supplements in many of his treatment plans. Ask how Standard Process Supplements may benefit you!
Vitamin B-12 Injections
What does vitamin B12 do for you? Vitamin B12 is a nutrient that helps keep the body’s nerve and blood cells healthy and helps make DNA, the genetic material in all cells. Vitamin B12 also helps prevent a type of anemia called megaloblastic anemia that makes people tired and weak. Two steps are required for the body to absorb vitamin B12 from food.
Vitamin B12 Shots: The Benefits
The reasons for why people start using B12 injections are numerous. So what do B12 shots do? Listed below are some of the more commonly sought benefits of B12 shots:
- Since vitamin B12 is associated with neural and cognitive functioning, some people take B12 to improve mood, energy, and concentration.
- Vitamin B12 plays a key role in the circulatory system, and high levels of B12 can reduce homocysteine levels. Homocysteine blocks the arteries and taxes the heart, so by reducing homocysteine levels, vitamin B12 reduces the risk for heart disease and stroke.
- By helping the body regulate your circadian rhythms, vitamin B12 can help you sleep better.
- Vitamin B12 provides a boost to the immune system by making the rest of the body run more smoothly, which can reduce chance of illness.
Who Should Use Vitamin B12 Injections?
There are certain people who should pay particular attention to the benefits of B12 shots, though anyone could reap the benefits of B12 injections. Some people who may want to pay particular attention and know what do B12 shots do include:
- People who do not eat animal products, including vegetarians and vegans. Though a vegetarian or vegan diet can be perfectly healthy, vitamin B12 is naturally found only in animal products. As such, it is important for these people to find a way to supplement their diet to prevent deficiency.
- The elderly. As people age, their bodies tend to become less efficient at processing nutrients. As such, the elderly are more susceptible to nutritional deficiency and conditions such as atrophic gastrosis, which can exacerbate a deficiency.
- People with intestinal disorders such as Crohn’s disease or celiac disease. These and similar disorders inhibit the body’s ability to absorb nutrients from food, which means that even if these people eat a well-balanced diet, they will not get all of the nutrients that they need. Regular takers of acid-reducing drugs may consider vitamin B12 as it can reduce some of the negative effects associated with taking these drugs.
- People with long-term illnesses such as diabetes, osteoporosis, muscular degeneration, and Lou Gehrig’s disease tend to fare better when they supplement their diet with vitamin B12.
Functions of B12
As mentioned above, vitamin B12 plays a vital role in maintaining the nervous system. This includes the functioning of the brain. Without sufficient amounts of B12, the brain will function at a less-than-optimal level. For this reason, many people take B12 supplements to stay alert and focused.
Vitamin B12 also plays a role in the circulatory system as it is a crucial element needed for the formation of new blood cells. B12 is needed to metabolize each cell in the human body, which includes DNA as well. Acids such as amino acid and fatty acids also need vitamin B12 to be absorbed properly.
Since vitamin B12 plays many roles, including increasing metabolism, more and more people are including lipotronic B12 injections as part of a healthy weight loss plan. Lipotropic injections contain amino acids in addition to vitamin B12. When combined these elements greatly stimulate the metabolism which is a boon to weight loss efforts. Weight loss and better concentration are just a few benefits of B12 shots.
Why B12 Shots for Weight Loss?
B12 injections for weight loss are a natural method of reaching your goals. If you have spent any time in research, you are aware of the fact that B12 shots for weight loss are based on a naturally occurring and essential nutrient. B12 can help maintain normal function of the circulatory and nervous systems as well as brain activity.
Of course, you might be wondering why using B12 shots for weight loss is necessary. Won’t a B12 pill or skin patch do the trick?
Quite simply, the body has to break down and absorb those other types of supplements—which can be a lengthy process. However, B12 injections for weight loss are instantly utilized by the body.
Additionally, a significant portion of the B12 is lost through the absorption process. Therefore, Vitamin B12 injections actually save you money since other supplementation methods only deliver about half the dose.
As if the natural aspects aren’t enough to qualify it as an acceptable alternative weight loss supplement, it should be noted that using B12 has additional advantages.
One of which is the fact that it helps you sleep better. While that might not be at the forefront of your weight loss strategies, it’s definitely something to consider. Think about it this way: you’ll be more prepared to get up and work-out after a good night’s sleep and you’ll be more keen on the idea of cooking low-caloric, healthy meals if you’re not exhausted!
Also, B12 helps regulate metabolism and makes us feel better. With lowered levels of B12, we encounter a sluggish metabolism that will be in direct opposition to our weight loss goals.
Now Available: Spider Cider Wellness Tonic
100% Organic Ingredients: Apple Cider Vinegar with the raw infusion of Horseradish, Ginger and Turmeric roots, Garlic, White Onion, Jalapeno and Habanero peppers, Thyme and Oregano.
Uses and functions that this product may help with: Respiratory complaints and sinusitis, allergies, appetite stimulant and digestive aid, immune stimulant, improves circulation, increases metabolic rate without raising heart rate, skin and blood cleanser, antimicrobial, antiseptic, antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, diuretic, relieves nausea, anxiety, fatigue, detoxifies, regulates blood pressure and the menstrual cycle.
Please be aware of allergies in the Allium, Zingiber, Curcuma, Armoracia or Capsicum family of plants.
*Tonic is produced independently. While this may be beneficial to many people, keep in mind results may vary. Manchester Chiropractic cannot garantee that this product will cure or heal any ailment.